Dindigul district is in Tamil Nadu reveals that it was formed on 15th of September 1985, when it was carved out of the composite Madurai District. It is famous for educations, and wholesale market for onion and groundnut. The people living in the district of Dindigul were known as Madurai Jilla Makal. Earlier, Dindigul was under the rule of the famous Muslim Monarch, Tipu Sultan.
The historical Rock Fort of this district was constructed by the famous Naik King Muthukrishnappa Naicker. The district has three Revenue Divisions, eight Taluks and fourteen Panchayat Unions, and as per the 2001 Census,
For long, Dindigul is associated with iron locks, iron safe of good quality and durability. There is a lock manufacturing unit under co-operative sector which functions in this district. Another industry for which the Dindigul is well-known is leather tanning.
Dindigul Rock Fort, a historical fort measuring 280 ft in height, is situated near the main town of Dindigul. The fort was constructed by Naik king Muthu Krishnappa Naicker in 1605.
:Coaker's Walk is mainly a hill-edge path that lies along a steep slope in Kodaikanal. The pathway is named after Lt. Coaker, who is believed to have prepared the map of the entire region. It is just a kilometre away from the famous Kodai Lake.
Berijam Lake is located amidst thick woods in Kodaikanal and is considered to be the major source of water in Periyakulam town.
St. Anthony's Church was built between 1982 and 1989 by Thomas Fernando. The church is known for a ceremony that starts on the last Friday of January and continues for 15 days.
The Manjalar Dam is situated around 10 km from Batlagundu bus stand in Dindigul District. The reservoir stores water from the Manjalar River and is best visited between October and March.